Become indispensable around the office with the nationally recognised BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business.
Throughout this course you'll learn how to conduct market research and support the marketing activities of a business.
You'll also polish up your presentation skills and develop valuable human resources experience to help turn you into business all-rounder. This course also includes important knowledge on delivering exceptional customer service.
The BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business is perfect for those who are looking for a recognised business qualification and want to get their foot in the door of a corporate career.
Potential career outcomes
- Customer Service Advisor
- Team Leader
|Qualification name||BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business|
|Course duration||Maximum 18 months|
|Assessments||Case studies, Portfolio of evidence, Questions, Written reports|
You will need to be at least 17 years old. If you are under 18 your application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
This course involves reading learning content and undertaking a range of written assessments and engaging in online forums and discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you haven't successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency through one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; or
- 3 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
Open Colleges recognises that not all people are able to read, write and perform calculations to the same standard. See the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Considerations section for more information on tools, resources and support services provided to by Open Colleges.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video, image and audio files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.
- Software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc. are available as a free download from the internet.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Module 1: Marketing and Research
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
- Plan promotional activities
- Coordinate promotional activities
- Review and report promotional activities
|BSBRES401||Analyse and present research information|
- Gather and organise information
- Research and analyse information
- Present information
Module 2: Communication
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
- Plan documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
Module 3: Administration and Workplace document
|BSBADM409||Coordinate business resources|
- Determine resource requirements
- Acquire and allocate resources
- Monitor and report on resource allocation and usage
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
- Plan for recruitment
- Plan for selection
- Support selection process
- Induct successful candidate
Module 4: Management and WHS
|BSBLDR404||Lead a diverse workforce|
- Identify the dimensions of workforce diversity
- Factor diversity into team plans and operations
- Engage with a diverse workforce
- Support and encourage diverse workforce members
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs to meet legislative requirements|
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
Module 5: Finance and Customer service
|BSBFIA301||Maintain financial records|
- Maintain daily financial records
- Maintain general ledger
- Monitor cash control
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service|
- Advise on customer service needs
- Support implementation of customer service strategies
- Evaluate and report on customer service
What are my payment options?
Pay in full
If you pay your course fees up-front in full, you’ll benefit from a discount. When you pay in full, we don’t have to spend extra money on administration for tasks such as payment plan processing. Instead, we get to pass this saving onto you in the form of a discount.
Pay for you course in weekly or fortnightly instalments. By paying in instalments, you can schedule your payments around your regular outgoings and get ahead without breaking the bank. Open Colleges payment plans are interest-free.
ZipMoney Payment Plan
If you need a little more flexibility in your finances, and want to pay off your course fees over a longer period of time, you can switch to a zipMoney payment plan. Essentially, zipMoney pays your course fees for you, and you pay this loan back over 24, 36 or 48 months. As long as you are eligible, you can switch to a zipMoney plan at any time.
Let’s get started
Pay for your course securely online in 3 simple steps
Fill in your personal details
Select your payment option
Add your billing address
Weekly and fortnightly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details.
* To be eligible, students wishing to apply for the payment plan must meet selected approval criteria.