You will learn about managing emotions, identifying and setting goals, and issues surrounding self-esteem, beliefs and expectations. Deeper life coaching skills will explore intuition, representational systems and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). This life coaching course also provides guidance for establishing a life coaching practice, including strategies for identifying a target market, drawing up a business plan, marketing and promotion.
|Course name||Certificate in Life Coaching|
|Course duration||Maximum 18 months|
|Assessments||Multiple choice questions, Written assessments|
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
This course involves reading and undertaking a range of written assessments, as well as engaging in online forums and discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 10 level.
If you haven't successfully completed English at Year 10 level, you can demonstrate equivalency through one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate II level or higher; or
- 2 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
Open Colleges recognises that not all people are able to read, write and perform calculations to the same standard. See the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Considerations section for more information on tools, resources and support services provided to by Open Colleges.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
|Introduction to coaching|
- What is coaching?
- Four key principles of coaching
- How coaching works
|The art of coaching I|
- Managing your emotional state
- Identifying and setting goals
- Limiting beliefs and expectations
- Exploring and achieving goals
- Powerful questions
|The art of coaching II|
- Developing deeper coaching skills
- Using intuition
- Supportive feedback
- Working with representational systems
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Problem solving
- Coaching ethics
- Continuous professional development
- Health and safety
- Mental health
|Building a successful coaching practice|
- Set your career goals
- Deciding on your target market
- What is your ideal working life?
- What kind of a coach do you want to be?
- Developing your business plan
- Promoting your coaching practice
- Marketing communications
- Selling techniques
What are my payment options?
Pay in full
If you pay your course fees up-front in full, you’ll benefit from a discount. When you pay in full, we don’t have to spend extra money on administration for tasks such as payment plan processing. Instead, we get to pass this saving onto you in the form of a discount.
Pay for you course in weekly or fortnightly instalments. By paying in instalments, you can schedule your payments around your regular outgoings and get ahead without breaking the bank. Open Colleges payment plans are interest-free.
ZipMoney Payment Plan
If you need a little more flexibility in your finances, and want to pay off your course fees over a longer period of time, you can switch to a zipMoney payment plan. Essentially, zipMoney pays your course fees for you, and you pay this loan back over 24, 36 or 48 months. As long as you are eligible, you can switch to a zipMoney plan at any time.
Desley CreedyDesley has been teaching and assessing Counselling and Community Services courses in private training colleges and in TAFE NSW, designing and developing accredited courses to Advanced Diploma level since 1989. Recognition Award: TAFE NSW Excellence in Teaching Award 2007
Qualifications: BA in Leisure Studies, including studies in Psychology, Social Psychology & Sociology. Advanced Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment.
Her experience working as a counsellor, psychotherapist and group facilitator includes trauma counselling, including sexual assault and post-abortion trauma, grief and loss, AOD/addictions, mental health, depression, anxiety, PTSD and psychosis, victims of crime and family issues.
Sally is a counsellor with over 20 years’ experience in the field. A trained psychologist, she has completed qualifications in rehabilitation counselling, and holds a Master of Counselling.
During her career Sally has spent time specifically working with domestic violence victims, abuse victims and perpetrators, and survivors of torture and trauma.
- The Coaching Manual textbook
- Lined notebook
Valued at $48!
Let’s get started
Pay for your course securely online in 3 simple steps
Fill in your personal details
Select your payment option
Add your billing address
Weekly and fortnightly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details.
* To be eligible, students wishing to apply for the payment plan must meet selected approval criteria.