Become a licensed real estate agent in Victoria
This course is a nationally recognised TAFE qualification, and it satisfies the educational real estate registration and licensing requirements in Victoria.
Designed to deliver you a comprehensive roadmap to the world of real estate, the course features units in:
- Property appraisal
- Marketing properties for sale
- Preparing properties for auction
- Leasing properties
- Negotiating property transactions
- Legal and ethical requirements of property management
- Preparing property reports
- Selling properties by private treaty
- Managing a real estate agency
This real estate certificate is structured into ‘milestones’ which allow you to apply for and receive your Victorian Agent's Representative Certificate, Victorian Real Estate Licence and the nationally recognised property services qualification as you move through the course.
Once you have completed this course you could be qualified to work as a registered real estate sales agent, a licensed real estate agent or you could even run your own real estate agency in Victoria.
Importantly, when you study online with Open Colleges you have the freedom to fit study around your life. There are no classes to attend and no deadlines, you simply work through the course in your own time and at your own pace.
This course is offered by Open Colleges on behalf of TAFE NSW North Region.
Potential career outcomes
- Property Manager
- Property Officer
- Real Estate Sales Agent
- Real Estate Sales Assistant
|Qualification name||CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)|
|Course duration||Maximum 24 months|
|Assessments||Case studies, Multiple choice questions, Portfolio of evidence, Presentations, Scenario-based questions, Short-answer questions, Written reports|
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
This course requires you to read comprehensive learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussion forums. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication.
As such, entry to the course requires English proficiency to Year 11 level or equivalent:
- A qualification at the Certificate III level or
- 2 years of work experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.
- Software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc. are available as a free download from the internet.
Some assessments require learners to record audio/video. This can be achieved by engaging up to two colleagues in the workplaced or with friends, family and other learners to record this via various means such as Skype.
To successfully complete this course, you will require basic computing skills. This includes:
- Creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- Accessing and searching the internet
- Downloading and saving documents from websites
- Uploading documents through websites
- Participating in online discussions
- Compressing image files
- Recording, compressing and uploading videos.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Note: Courses offered by Open Colleges on behalf of TAFE NSW North Region may include Units of Competency that are graded by TAFE NSW. Students studying through Open Colleges are not subject to TAFE NSW grading criteria, receiving an ungraded outcome for Units of Competency and Qualifications successfully completed.
Agent's Representative (part 1)
|CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
- Develop knowledge of estate agency operations
- Interpret and comply with legislative and agency requirements
- Model ethical practice
- Identify industry employment requirements
|CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
- Develop knowledge of property sales
- Develop knowledge of sales process
- Identify roles and responsibilities of sales personnel
Agent's Representative (part 2)
|CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
- Apply knowledge of property management
- Develop knowledge of property management process
- Handle moneys
- Identify roles and responsibilities of agency personnel in property management
List and market properties for sale
|CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|CPPDSM4018A||Prepare and present property reports|
Complete the sale
|CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
|CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
- Conduct auction
|CPPDSM4001A||Act as a buyer's agent|
- Establish buyer requirements
- Confirm engagement of agency by buyer
- Source properties that meet buyer requirements
- Negotiate purchase of property on behalf of buyer
- Monitor settlement of sale
- Maintain communication with relevant parties
List and market properties for lease
|CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|CPPDSM4049A||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|CPPDSM4020A||Present at tribunals|
|CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry|
|CPPDSM4009B||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|BSBRKG304B||Maintain business records|
|BSBSMB406A||Manage small business finances|
|CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
What are my payment options?
Pay in full
If you pay your course fees up-front in full, you’ll benefit from a discount. When you pay in full, we don’t have to spend extra money on administration for tasks such as payment plan processing. Instead, we get to pass this saving onto you in the form of a discount.
Pay for you course in weekly or fortnightly instalments. By paying in instalments, you can schedule your payments around your regular outgoings and get ahead without breaking the bank. Open Colleges payment plans are interest-free.
ZipMoney Payment Plan
If you need a little more flexibility in your finances, and want to pay off your course fees over a longer period of time, you can switch to a zipMoney payment plan. Essentially, zipMoney pays your course fees for you, and you pay this loan back over 24, 36 or 48 months. As long as you are eligible, you can switch to a zipMoney plan at any time.
Darren Pearce is a real estate professional with over 25 years’ experience, and his long and successful career continues to grow to new heights with an amazing record of achievements. He is a fully licensed estate agent, has a Diploma in Business, is a long standing member of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria and a trained auctioneer.
Darren has had a career which has seen him at the top of his profession for many years. He is a highly sought after source of advice for other estate agents, clients and friends. He is also often quoted in the national newspapers such as The Age, The Australian Financial Review and The Leader, and has even appeared on popular TV shows including Hot Property and the MPV property show talking about the industry.
Darren has worked and managed some of Melbourne’s largest and most prestigious real estate companies giving him a broad knowledge of real estate across Melbourne. His business acumen and outstanding results are testament to his attention to detail and management ethics.
When away from the office he enjoys a friendly round of golf, cheering on Carlton or just playing with his kids in the garden.
Let’s get started
Pay for your course securely online in 3 simple steps
Fill in your personal details
Select your payment option
Add your billing address
Weekly and fortnightly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details.
* To be eligible, students wishing to apply for the payment plan must meet selected approval criteria.