May 26, 2017
Open Colleges has been delivering quality education for over 100 years. During this time, we have honed our unique learning model to become Australia’s leader in online learning. We’ve achieved this by continuously evolving our approach to meet the needs of our learners by offering flexible, accessible, supportive, and affordable education.
We’re dedicated to putting the student at the centre of everything we do and have helped over 700,000 people gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
Our team includes over 400 staff and 300 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation. We have more than tripled the number
In this context, this is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Workplace Assessor/Trainer -Youth Work to join the Youth Work Education Division. The Workplace Assessor/Trainer is responsible for conducting Workplace Assessments/Training for the Diploma of Youth Work and Certificate IV in Youth Work. Workplace Assessment is an integral part of Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) in these courses.
Open Colleges’ model of Workplace Assessment involves:
- Assessment of basic skills prior to a student undertaking SWL;
- Approval of the workplace and workplace supervisor as being suitable for SWL;
- Development of Workplace Training and Assessment Plan for students;
- Student collection of direct evidence, through a portfolio and reflective tasks;
- Structured interviews with the student and workplace supervisor throughout the SWL; and
- Review of logbooks and attendance records.
The Trainer achieves this through:
- Active teaching presence in our learning platform, including through forums and live chat sessions
- Augmentation and contextualization of existing learning content*
- Implementation of initiatives to re-engage inactive learners
- Managing student queries
In this role, you will undertake the following core functions:
- Induct and support Workplace Supervisors
- Approve workplace as suitable for Structured Workplace Learning
- Undertake workplace assessments within Education Service Standards
- Conduct assessment interviews with the Workplace Supervisor and learner
- Provide constructive feedback to learners within quality guidelines
- Complete the necessary Workplace Assessment documentation
- Participate in Assessment Validation and Moderation
- Complete Professional Development requirements in line with an Annual Professional Development Plan
- Facilitate the individual workplace assessment discussions in OpenSpace
- Facilitate Skill Development Workshops (if applicable)
- Contribute to Workplace documentation
- Management of student academic queries within Education Service Standards
- Facilitating and moderating student discussions
- Facilitating webinars
- Implementing learner re-engagement initiatives
- Augmenting course content
- Conducting national workshops (if applicable)
- Grade assessments in accordance with the Education Service Standards as required
- Participating in Assessment Validation and Moderation
- Completing Professional Development requirements in line with an Annual Professional Development Plan
- Working with the Program Manager to develop a Trainer Engagement Strategy
- Contributing to course specific and Open Colleges generic FAQs
Key Attributes & Experience:
- Related qualifications in Community Services or Social Work (minimum Diploma level)
- Recent industry experience* working in a Community Services environment – Youth, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol (essential)
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) (essential)
- Recent experience* in distance, flexible or online learning (highly desirable)
* Defined as in the past 2 years
Please be aware that it is a requirement of this position that background checks are completed. The background checking process includes reference checking and validation of employment; proof of qualifications; proof of rights to work within Australia; and a police check.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
**NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES**